Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Come and Go

Just sent off Yong En for his mission trip.

Come to think of it, I have been to the airport in the last few months more than I have had in the 24 years of my life. Seeing people off, receiving people or even flying off myself.

Coming and going has seem to be such a routine that I have to constantly remind myself that even if someone is leaving for a 3day trip, I should never take for granted that the person is leaving and able to come back safely. Also for myself, to acknowledge God's faithfulness and protection over me when I travel. Because we never know when the matchstick of our lives burns out and we're taken home in the blink of an eye.

It'll be 43 hours to my departure. My longest time away from Singapore, away from home, away from my family as well as my spiritual family. People I've been so used to seeing so often, people I may or may not have taken for granted. I'm still asking God my objective for this trip. I know I've signed up for Hillsong Conference. I know I've committed to stay in Sisterhood for 3 weeks thereafter. But time waits for no one (other than Joshua in the Bible). And I really don't want to miss out what the Lord has prepared for me.

I suppose the most vital thing for me is to constantly remain in the NOW-ness. Be it in the midst of a crowd of worshippers or by myself in the center of God's natural creation, I'll maintain a posture of being in the NOW with Him. I'm still afraid of penning down my expectations because I may blind myself to what He wants to reveal to me. In a way, I'm in a fix!

Nevertheless, I will simply go in faith and be in the NOW! =D

Side note: God has been really gracious to me and faithful in providing. Just when I settled in my mind to live with 500AUD for the time there, how You've provided at least 1000SGD for me. How every debt I have is cleared and every expense along the way has been met by Your grace. O Lord, teach me truly to live with no more or less but be satisfied in You. My heart gives thanks to You for Your Goodness and Kindness.

Thank You Abba.

No comments: