Friday, June 8, 2012

Selah

Thank you little one for your faithfulness all these years. You are my one and only and till we meet again...

I felt the nudge inside me to reconsider. Being intentionally absent for a season.

This little thing has been on the ups and downs with me literally. Since I first laid my hands on him in 2006, he has been to the places I've visited including Mount Kinabalu which I'm proud of him to have made it to the peak with me.

Now this 10D is ancient. First unveiled in 2002. It is safe to say this trusty guy has been around for a decade now assuming my seller first bought it in 2002. No doubt the predecessors today can proudly say they are way more superior than him, they have better pixels, they have faster response time etc, this dude is still my trusted friend and I will not trade him even for a 5DMKIII.

He was considered my first big ticket item (800 at that time was big for me but a good deal). I remember buying him with my own savings and I knew that was a milestone and I was going to enjoy myself in time to come. It started off pretty badly instead. Photos were dark as the night, blurred as though time just zoomed by. But I knew very well it had nothing to do with the camera.

The principle is simple: I have not mastered the use of it and fully unleash its potential.

Think likewise in my life, perhaps frustrations arise at some point because I have failed to understand and accept the plans of the Master of my life. Perhaps I thought bringing a 300mm to a birthday party is going to be fun, but not bearing in mind that unless that party is in the Indoor Stadium, the lens is going to do injustice.

And 10 years later with thousands of frames shot, I believe a time of retirement has come. Now I don't mean leaving the camera in the box forever, I just feel the time is apt for me to hang up the straps and moving away for a while.

Perhaps it's for the better, that the next generation rises up to answer His Call.
I suppose succession is something we must constantly revisit because time waits for no one.

But having said this, one must remain available to any unforeseen circumstance and not finding an excuse to wash hands off everything. I suppose the season begins with Church Camp.

Time to stop Martha-ing and Mary-ing. Seriously giving all that attention to the One who speaks.
God please let this camp see breakthroughs, miracles and life transformations.
Please let Your people take away more than just the fun and fellowship.

No comments: