Saturday, June 16, 2012

God is...


I am finally done reading through this book by Derek Prince. A kind sister passed it to me as I shared my desire to pursue a relationship and I am thankful from day one that I dived into this book.

I started off reading this book with a very different goal and as I closed the last chapter, the book has left me with a very different perspective. Derek Prince and his wife Ruth has had probably one of the most painful relationship experiences and yet in their personal sharing of their struggles, they drew out some of the important aspects of a Godly relationship.

Certain Biblical principles were also highlighted by Derek Prince and it has given me a better understanding of God's heart towards our relationship with one another, be it in union or in celibacy. I guess the bottom line for me is Psalm 37:4 -  

Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. 

In the last chapter, Ruth Prince shared her journey into marriage with Derek Prince. The unexpected twist in this book was that Ruth didn't choose to marry Derek because they had chemistry or that she loved him, but because she loved the Lord and if it is God's will, she will do so. I thought that was really precious, how someone loved the Lord to the point of 'dying' to oneself and the desires of the heart.

No comments: