Monday, June 18, 2012

Wait upon the Lord

Jesus spent 30 years of His life preparing for 3 years of ministry.
Likewise other bible characters who devoted most or all of their lives to serve God, the challenge came to me "How much preparation have I undergone in serving God?"

Yesterday's meeting was meant to be a walkathon meeting but somehow at the start of the meeting, no one turned up except Pastor himself and I. We ended up with a good hour chatting about ministry and full-time calling. He had been asking me to think about it and he wasn't even subtly hinting!
I did pour out my concerns to him despite the desire, and he was really sensitive and gentle to hear me out and gave his counsel.

In the recent spate of events, I figure there is still a looong process of transformation within me. I experienced what the Bible meant "doing things yet without love"; bearing a teachable and humble heart; and so much more.I've always considered myself "young" when I look at my fellow leaders but I have to acknowledge that continual learning must be in place. I must see beyond being the 'young one' and work on my faith through His grace, in whichever areas I'm lacking in especially.

One of the precious counsel I've received is being mindful of the presence of God, and this applies beyond my current state. I suppose it's one of the hardest disciplines to maintain but when one has consistently practiced it, one can discern His leading quite clearly and walk in the centre of His will.

God I want to do things Your way, even if it means praying and waiting on You. To trust You in this season of waiting, to open the door of opportunity in Your timing according to Your perfect will, simply because You are my Creator and You know best. I offer myself to You for Your shaping of myself because there is just so much in me to be worked on. The best gift I can offer to another child of God is not things of this world but my Love for You, so here I am availed to You. In this season, teach me; lead me and guide me to delight in You and surrender the desires of my heart to You.


No comments: