Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Conformed or Transformed

One more day and church camp comes to an end, but not before I have to share a sermonette.
Honestly, I don't see how I can pull this one through.

It's not a presentation that you score high marks for great delivery or wow-ing people away with fancy content. It's deeper than that.

It takes a whole lot more prayer and seeking the Lord for Word and Wisdom,
It takes a ton of effort offstage just to stand before the pulpit for that few minutes,
It takes a surrendered heart to God to release the message that He has for His people.

Sounds really simple but I feel inadequate.
I feel I've not sought Him enough, not enough effort put in, not surrendering this message to Him but grappling for control to share what I think may be correct.

Perhaps saying less is better, perhaps nothing at all.

----

Today Pastor Lun concluded his 4part series of messages. It was something different today but I suppose God has had this planned. Pastor decided to invite his wife onstage to share on their journey of faith over the years how they have moved from one place to another in terms of their spiritual life, and it was one of ups and downs.

But if I caught the gist of his message right, both their heartbeat and calling are to reach out (radically) to the young people today and though the fact that they were in mega church and even previously being the senior pastor, they rose to answer God's call.

I was blown away from their sharing, how one life could reap the harvest of many more others and a philosophy in life to never trust in the ways of Man but in the ways of God. Their sharing just resounded within me and if I were a new convert, I'd follow them in their ministry. But where He has placed me, there is His purpose and I suppose in time to come, I'll find out.

No comments: