Friday, May 11, 2012

The Lord his God

So much has been happening, both around and inside me.

Probably feels like a popcorn making machine inside my head (and my heart too).

It is eye-opening to see how God takes one (me actually) on a journey and to TASTE and SEE personally.

And getting involved in the 40-day spiritual formation program, I found myself handed various tasks as the days go by. But if there was any progress I've made, it definitely would be the attitude in receiving.
Receiving these tasks regardless of their glamor, is God's way of molding me, preparing me.

Plus it doesn't help when matters-of-the-heart comes knocking on the door this season. I pondered whether this would be censored here but I guess no, since I treat this as my platform of journal. But no worries to my readers, no names gonna be mentioned here =)

Indeed the Word of God holds many gems and treasures. Do not be mistaken, do not be deceived. The BIBLE is the very Word of our God. A possibility why we doubt what it says because we can't and never be able to comprehend God totally. His ways are higher and He knows exactly what He is doing.

Having to spend my holidays doing school project and completing tasks in church and ministry, I have learned to see things from His perspective. Why am I doing all these? Why don't I use my time to do things that I want to do?

I could, if I lived for myself. The plain and simple truth. If we claim to live for Jesus, to give ourselves to God, then perhaps a good start point is to serve Him with gladness and joy in the very tasks we are given.

And nothing beats the joy of seeing the younger ones coming day after day for the 40-Day S.F.
I pray the 7 of them who have chosen to give this 40 days to God will find Him, find themselves set on fire with a passion for Him and His Kingdom.

Coming back to the hearty-matter, I find myself struggling. Struggling because I'm afraid of my First Love will go out of focus, I'm afraid because I may find myself loving another person more than God Himself. And I know I cannot afford to let that happen. Easy to say, hard to apply. But I keep praying and I'll press on, I'll resolve to overcoming this through surrendering to Him.

Definition of Love has been redefined for me many times. Before knowing God and after, I seek to know the true measure of Love and what it means to really love. I thank God I have gained much insight of the years but I think I have more to comprehend. And I won't stop finding out.

All in all, God is good and has been good to me. I thank You Lord because even when I don't deserve, You still gave. I won't know what is ahead for me and what is coming for me, but one thing I know, I can and I will and I choose to trust You Lord.

No comments: