Monday, May 28, 2012

A Hope and A Future

Importance of living with a focus meant the difference between living aimlessly and living with a goal in mind.

In this season for the past few weeks, much has been taught about Focused Living, about Mentoring, about Dedication. Herein boils down to the key question, have I been living these lessons in my life?

Thing is, no one really likes boundaries. The Adam in us has fallen short and death entered the world through sin, that came to all men. We have this urge in us to go against the very instructions set out to protect us which brings about the saying "Rules are meant to be broken". How untrue!

Surely we would have had that moment in our lives hoping to be carefree and the freedom to do what we want.

That getaway we longed for. That partner we prayed for. That job we sought after.

I think there is nothing wrong with these things we long for, but I guess boundaries are a must to safeguard ourselves. Be it the environment we are in either the office or otherwise; The amount of time we dedicate to the various appointments and roles we hold, we easily become victims of living without boundaries if we don't seriously consider what we live for.

Boundaries in life, determined by one's values and beliefs, points out a systematic overall direction to one's life.

King David's moment of unfocused living led to his sexual temptation of Bathsheba, eventually resulting in him slipping into greater sin of murder to satisfy his own pleasure. -  2 Sam 11

If King David, a Man after God's own heart could fall, how much more susceptible are the rest of us? This is more than a story in the bible, it became a life lesson for me; a gem in life's lessons to remind me to live with boundaries set out by the very focus or purpose I uphold in my life. 

To know why I am living is to know who I am living for and turning to Him to know how to live.

In every experience gained through the lives of others or a personal encounter, let us treasure these in our hearts.

Abraham and his miracle son, Isaac.
Moses and his years in the palace and in the desert place.
Noah and his ark-building years despite the ridicule.
So many are the characters in the Bible whom we can learn from their life experiences,
I see them as God's sharing with me, coaching me in handling life matters.

And the very model of life example is given to us in His Word, Jesus Christ Himself who lived for a focus, for a purpose. He knew very well the boundaries in His life.
The One who is Life and gave Life ought to be what my Life is all about.

Keep coming back to my Focus, that I may not lead a wasted life chasing after the things of this world.

No comments: