Saturday, July 2, 2011

Face(less)book

As I begin my 40-day fast journey with the many other like-minded Christians in Singapore, this year is especially a meaningful one for me personally as I fast and pray for the YAY (Young Adults and Youth) Ministry and myself.

Several key emphasis would be:
- My career/calling in life since I'm a step away from graduation
- My relationship life since I've been *abstaining* from it as I really want to enter into one that God calls me
- My devotion to Jesus since all along I think I'm still not 100% surrendered
- The YAY Ministry to see the "DOWNPOUR" that God has hinted to us

Fasting from:
-Facebook for the next 40days hence I probably will expect a lot of blasting from people as to why I'm not responding
- 7am-7pm food fast at least once a week

I must be wary that fasting isn't about me trying to keep to it because I have to but that I fast because I want to devote myself to praying and interceding and be sensitive to God's voice. Someone wise told me that I'm very poor in relationship handling and a long time ago, another told me that I should learn to be more diplomatic in handling people.

I thank God for people willing to point out my hindsights to me (they are called blindspots for a reason). At the same time, I attribute my present self as a result of growing up in a home that showed no expressions of love but only anger and dissatisfaction. I can only pray that I will not carry this into my own future family and be mindful of the mistakes that I've gone through previously. I know only God can give me the grace to see me through.

This year is interestingly a time for me to grow in specific areas of my life and I'm praying/watching for it. Lord, please don't pass me by. I want to grow in You and love You more. Help me.

No comments: