Thursday, January 3, 2013

Emotionally Healthy Spirituality

I'm grateful for this EHS, just as I am for the other courses and teachings along the way.

I realized that in the beginning years of my spiritual journey, I was on a dependent mode. From sermons to bible studies to teachings to workshops, it was eating off the plates of others who are before me and thank God for their willingness to impart their gems of wisdom with me.

Beneath all the layers of ministry and service, I must say it was the willingness of one Godly man who stuck by me, who chose to give me what i needed to hear rather than what i wanted to hear, and being faithful to meet, follow up and pray with me.

Then few years later, it became evident that I needed to move from dependency to self-feeding as I struggled to keep the flames burning in me.

Each season has brought itself spiritual giants into my life, giants right from the leader of the church himself to even the people who may seem to be just serving in the background. But it was through all the experiences that have molded me and shaped me into who I am today, and I must never forget the love and patience of these people whom God has brought into my life.

Now in the season of EHS, God spoke right into the opening session of dealing with my emotional health. And interestingly, He was already preparing me since earlier in the day. Furthermore, His knowing of what I struggle within has made this EHS all the more timely, as though it was meant for me.

So as I open myself up to vulnerability and learning to be true to God about my emotions, I pray that a healing process has already begun.

No comments: