Monday, December 31, 2012

Tempt-ed

The temptation will always be there.
Honestly i'm still learning to deal with it.
And often I find myself so caught up in it,
I have to move away and center myself in Him, and constantly reminding myself that Love is unconditional; Love does not demand; Love is God's heartbeat.

So for the idea of caring less,
is thrown right out of the window.
Even if it seems unnecessary or bothersome to others, I'll keep things unchanged since I know it's my gifting.

This break away from home comes with a mixture of UPs and DOWNs and certainly I'm thankful for mostly being the UPs and in the DOWNs, I get to process them with Him and just figuring out what I can pick up or learn about Jesus.

It is less than 12hours to a brand new year and I look forward to the next season, one that is undeserving. I thank God for preparing another verse-for-the-year and I know He does not reveal the verses each year without letting it sum up that particular year of experience and takeaways.

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." ~ Colossians 1:9-12 NIV

So this year I know He has something greater for me as He desires for me to live a life worthy of Him. Easy to say but I will try. I'm just thankful that from my baby steps, He has placed guardians and angels along the way to point me in the right direction, the only direction - Jesus.

"Hence my closing prayer to 2012 in loving the Lord God with all my passion, prayer, intelligence and energy, is entering into 2013 and undergoing further refinement of my life, my faith that I may live a life worthy of Him."

_______________________

I know we've talked about this. I hope you find that a verse-for-the-year is of Him and not just another program created by Man. And as you find Him releasing His Word to you, you'll just go into a whole new level of intimacy with Jesus :)

No comments: