Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 2 of Power Encounter

As I reflected upon Sunday's encounter, I prayed that I would continue to be sensitive to the Lord and that the busyness in my daily life will not distract me.

On Monday, I took up Our Daily Bread and the devotion was on loving others. The passage for the day was from 1 John 4 and the passage was on verse 7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

This verse has all along been on my heart but it never really stood out to me and nothing was special about it until the evening. When I was reading another devotion from Word for Today. The devotion also spoke on 1 John 4:7 although the devotion differed slightly.

I know in me that God is saying something to me since what are the odds that 2 devotions pointed out the same verse. Am still seeking Him about this though.

1 very interesting point on this verse repeated to me! This is the exact verse of the Year for me! That's why! God is reminding me again...

Certain issues in the cell was brought to my attention and it breaks my heart. I'm sure it breaks God's heart too. Why can't Man put aside our own agenda for God's agenda? If we can't, then why claim to be followers of Christ?

Stark reminder for myself: To never be a hypocrite and to live out my faith. If I say I love God but have not loved, then I have not loved God at all. May I ever be the fool for God, especially in the most trying times of my life. Lord may I never choose the easy way out and dishonour You. Help me to live that life of obedience and faith despite the temptations all around me. Only in Jesus' Name I have this assurance.

No comments: