Sunday, April 17, 2011

AGM

AGM commonly known as Annual General Meeting is a time whereby an organisation gets together each year to review its progress and make decisions that require the body.

To me, Church AGM is more of Accepting God's Mandate.

Why do I say so?

Well the bible tells us in Hebrews 13:17,
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.

This serves as a reminder for me to submit to the Church leadership where God has called me to, and to honour the decisions that the leadership makes. To give my support to the leadership and also to be praying for them, seeking God's agenda in the process.

This also reminds me to press on in my role as a cell leader. Not indulging in the title of a cell leader, but to be accountable always and mindful that I am answerable to God for the people under my care. That I have the responsibility to give an account of them.

Under references to leadership of a church:
1 Tim 5 - Eldership
Titus 1 - Eldership Qualitification

Thank You God for bringing through today's meeting. Thank You for revealing Yourself and Your Presence.

On a side note ~ Interestingly not many people of my age seem to be concerned with the happenings of the church at corporate and leadership level =(

No comments: