Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 3 of Power Encounter

The past 2 days have been an awesome time of encounters that God has brought into my life. And Tuesday wasn't quite as expected.

I was supposed to meet Alvin and Xue Xin for worship practice due for Justin/Jasmine's wedding. I went to meet Xue Xin first and I actually went with a mindset of no expectancy of any encounters, but I suppose God's timing is always mysterious.

Though it was a long journey all the way from NTU, we managed to meet up and had fellowship over dinner. It was a lot of Engineering talk over the table but definitely a good time of fellowship, especially not seeing Alvin for quite some time already.

Then we adjourned for worship practice and as we started practising after a word of prayer, the entire practice wasn't exactly a practice. Alvin and Xue Xin were worshipping the Lord and the songs were soon not the focus.

The presence of God came and lingered. We played and sang but it didn't really matter if a note was out or the sequence was not in order. We just flowed with the leading of the Spirit. Before we knew it, time caught up with us and it was past ten already.

We managed to cover the songs required and as we left church, we all agreed we should continue the fellowship over supper! Hence coupled with some POWER Nasi Lemak, we headed over to Boon Lay Place Market and decided to not let the long queue dissuade us from some real good food!

Over food, we had a good time of catching up again and I must say, worshipping on Tuesday night was really liberating! And a verse this week reminded me:

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
~ 2 Cor 3:17

And I was reminded of John 4:24 ~ God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

All in all, worshipping God musically is worshipping Him in Spirit and in Truth.
Without both of these, I am only offering a Lip Service unto God.

And I pray that whenever I worship Him, it will be in Spirit and in Truth!

No comments: