Sunday, March 3, 2013

Each turn of the road

It leads to a new discovery. Sudden reminder of the journey Frodo was on. The calling. The decision to take up the call. The formation of the fellowship. The unpredictable dangers of the enemy lurking around or the wrath of nature elements.

It reminds me of my calling for living on earth. It reminds me of why I have all that past unique experiences that only Marcus will have, and the future ones to come.

"A gift in every experience."

The line that has kept my head up and Faith in God who has every right and superior wisdom to place me where I am in this season. The journey thus far may have been cluttered with battle scars and wounds. Yet they only serve to remind me that I have emerged stronger in Faith; recognising the Almighty God in my lofe; and mistakes that myself or no one else should make again.

"With a pinch of salt."

Was a quote I knew only last night at Kyra. I choose to believe that He led me that so that He can sum up this week's work to me. A pinch of salt.

To be honest, I would want to throw in the towel at the first opportunity I see. But the fact that God's plan & timing matters most to me than how I feel, or how I would want things to be. There will be times I feel like I don't deserve all these nonsense and put-down's and shoutings, yet a small voice in me calls out to remind me that when Jesus was crucified, He too didn't deserve it. Yet He was obedient, even to the point of death.

"Enjoy the little things. Rule 32."

This seems a little trivial but it really made much difference to the journey thus far. The car rides. The times together alone. The constant mindfulness of the presence. It is all these that have made it possible for me to keep going.

"Recognizing my limits."

To recognize my limits, is to acknowledge that God is limit-less, there is no end or stopping of God. And when this happened this week, it caused me to really want to pause in life and consider my commitment. Till date, some people might conclude that it is better to say no. But I know that I will say yes, and by Faith leave it to Him to open the door and provide for me along the way. Isn't that the Faith mentality of the 5 loaves & 2 fish?

All in all, it has been 8 years 1 month 25 days. The Lord is Good & Faithful, and I can only pray that He uses someone so undeserving like me and in His love for me, to allow me to love others out of His love for me.

He died so that I may live.

No comments: