Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Self-Correcting

So apparent that a leader is supposed to be able self-direct; self-counsel; self-correct.
Question is, to what standards? By whose guidance? And how does one knows he's there?

1. The Holy Spirit. The God-Partnering Spirit (GPS), is the only device a Christian leader ought to follow. A GPS in this case, is better than an actual one. The Holy Spirit is one who constantly guides a Godly leader, especially when he's lost.

I guess it really applies much to me, in this season where there's so much darkness. It's funny how every season of darkness that shrouds me seem to be bigger than the previous one. Toughest thing to do, probably to really listen to Him and obey.

2. The Bible. The infallible Word of God (Yes I still don't get that definition). But I guess one thing I have experienced in the last 8 years, is that the Word must come to life through application. It is so much more than celebrating the victories and the joys read, the pains and the brokenness. It is in the pain; the sorrow; the defeats, that showed me so much of God.

I will always remember the principles I've picked up along the way in reading the Bible. Pointers that I have kept deep in my heart because they have taught me much and shaped me who I am today through life's experiences. My life experiences.

3. The Counsel. Thank God for the loveliest and dearest peoples in my life. Those who loved me for who I am, and those who showed me who really loved me. People who God must have placed along my life to point me back to Him.

---------------------------------------

I really don't think I deserve to be where I am, I don't.

No comments: