Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Born Identity

Being reminded again this evening ~ Children of God.

The phrase came back to me, "A chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession..."

Often the thought would pop up "If only I was born..."

A truth here: With God, I believe there is no "accident". He had a choice, and He made it. He chose each and every single one who has been saved. The terms used revealed so much of God's perspective towards His people, even to the extent of being His "special possession". I mean God could have just declared us as His possession right? After all, He is God. Yet He calls us "special possession".

To even talk about having or needing to worship God is a shame. A soul that has truly accepted the undeserving gift of salvation, will desire to worship Him in acknowledgement of His Love. I believe that is the mark of true repentance, the transformation that needs no persuasion except the fact that one has freely received the forgiveness of Christ.


May it be a note to myself that it has never and should never be about my doing or abilities that I worship the Lord God. The desire to worship Him is automatic; it comes forth out of receiving Jesus. I was chosen to declare the praises of Him! And being a recipient of His mercy, I can now stand amongst the people of God.

Love so divine. If God chose to die for me, surely I can choose to live for Him. 
Once again, a reminder to myself. Above all the things in life.

No comments: