Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grow Up

Tonight I noticed something about myself.

Was at Mark's place for his birthday party, also present were a number of his close friends from church and a number of family friends as well.

At the start of the evening, I was naturally sitting with the young ones having dinner. But somehow as the night passed, I found myself moving to the group of uncles sitting at the other end of the house!

OH DEAR!

Haha. But no doubt I think I enjoyed the time chatting and conversing with the wiser men. People from various walks of life, some whom I knew fairly well while others, well I barely knew! So yes, something I noticed about myself and I am going to go with the assuring thought that it is a good thing =S

Then again, something to ponder over from today. Growing up. What caused the Apostle Paul to advocate this thought to grow up spiritually? Why would he write to the Ephesian Church about this? Was there something he was trying to hint at?

As I dwelt on the passage a little longer, I find us doing injustice to the Word of God. Often we spend a limited time looking/studying the scripture/passage and we hope to uncover perhaps a couple of points to share. Then again, the Scripture is filled with so much gems and treasures that if we really looked hard enough (and wait upon the Holy Spirit for guidance), we would discover so much more that we could ever imagine.

So Much More.

No comments: