Friday, February 22, 2013

Life (is about) Choices

We were created with a freewill; the ability to decide. This sets us apart from all other creation that He has made. We were designed to fellowship with God; to reign over all of His creation.

There was never a contradiction between God's sovereignty & our given freewill to choose. Like a toddler placed in a playpen; Like a sheep in a sheep pen. If we ever think that we deserve to be outside the pen, then we have not really thought it through.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts..." ~ Isaiah 55:8-9

I am thankful to remain in this pen. The fact that it may feel stifling at times to remain within the boundaries is God's way of protecting me. Many times we look out of the fence, we think the grass is greener on the other side. We forget that in God's Kingdom, God takes care of His sheep; His children. Even if the fields turn barren, the shepherd will find a way to feed his sheep.






----------------------------------------



It has definitely been a great learning journey. Sure it came with pains and hurts, but it is emerging out of it that we find that God's grace has been sufficient for us to hang on. I pray for my brother, praying that he will never forget this point; this fact; this truth. I know so surely inside me that all of us, when we hit our walls, will have to choose.

To sit at the wall? To bounce off it and never try again? To think of ways to go around it? Or to go through it? Defining the word breakthrough is simple. Break - through. There is only so much Man can do. I will pray; wait; watch what God leads because I choose to believe in His timing, He will make things turn out good and beautiful to the glory of His Name.

No comments: