Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'll Stand By You

So tonight I commemorate my Quarter of a Century Birthday.

As I gratefully think back through the day, how I spent the evening unexpectedly with the loveliest and closest bunch of people I know on earth, it struck me then.

How do I appreciate the very people who saw me through the life giving process? The painful years of raising me up despite all the burdens and pains. I mean I love babies and kids myself. Yet I am always reminded of the reality in raising a new life. Sure everyone loves playing with babies and toddlers. But how many are prepared and willing to go through the tough times, the responsibilities and the liabilities?

So for me, being 25 is more than just thankful for having lived "so long". It's about honoring. It's about loving unconditionally. It's a time of venturing forward perhaps. It's a season to prepare oneself of how great the love is for one's own child.

So thank you all for being a part of my being. God, family, friends...
Those of you who stayed close, those of you who lent out a shoulder.

And hence I look ahead into the new day. New month. New year =)

No comments: