Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Local Church is the Hope of the World

Tonight I conclude an enriching 2-day experience at GLS 2012. Yet I pray that it will not remain a mere experience but an ignition for something Greater.

The energizing. The re-calibration. The 20-mile marches. The giving of due honor. The going to the balcony. The gift in every experience. The confession that our lives are not our own to live. The movement of a man named Jesus. The greatest privilege in all of life is having Jesus to tap on me on the shoulder, inviting me to step into building His Church, the Hope of the World.

Words alone cannot express the overwhelming experience at GLS. One must be convinced by a personal experience and desire to be impacted by the conference speakers, to leave the auditorium with a refreshed mind and soul; a rekindled passion for His Kingdom and Purpose.

I know I have a great Fear. But I have a greater Faith, in the greatest Father.
The Lord of Lords, the King of Kings.

And Dr Bill Hybels has made it clear in his closing segment. The Church must rise to the occasion, to fulfil the very Calling she was given. We were all given a morning prayer card. It is really, more than just a card of prayer or motivation. It has to be, a reminder of why I rise to each new day, why I take the next breath.

------------------------------------

http://www.critiquebycreating.com/2011/04/the-most-eligible-christian-bachelor

Happened to be my dinner reading. I saw it appear on my news feed but never really got around to reading it. And tonight over dinner, I decided to go over it. The ultra-long write up on the perspective of singleness, of dating in the biblical perspective and of the Church's view on getting married, blew my mind away. The writer himself, obviously still single, has not just attempted to justify the role of singles in the Church but rather provide an objective take on remaining single from a biblical standpoint.




And possibly, a timely reminder for me. The DO's and the DON'Ts. A simple 4-point checklist for getting into a relationship. The skeletal outline for broaching the idea of dating/marriage to a girl of interest. The induced cultural concept of marriage versus the idea of marriage that God had in the very first place.



Given my very limited understanding, I would still like to recommend this read for anyone keen to find out about biblical view on 'dating' and marriage.

No comments: