Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Joy of going through Pain

Something I have been grappling with of late, the experiences of pain and failure.

Growing up in my first 17 years was not quite so much about failures or pain. In fact, it was a life I was getting used to. Comfortable without lack. Fun without restraints. It was a matter of time before I went full-blown on experiencing "life" at 18, at 21. Until that faithful day I stepped into a cell group; a church service, I have never left for anywhere else and gone to another.

Was it all pure fun and happy moments in the last 7 years? Sure NO. So call that a bad choice? I wouldn't think so. In fact, the numerous painful moments and failures cluttered mostly in my 8 years of walking in the Lord than my 17 years on my own. So why the pain and the failures?

I somewhat gathered that there are two facets in analyzing a failure or a painful experience. One would be the 'me' factor while the other, His agenda. The 'me' factor is simply nothing but a personal choice made at that point in time. No I have not always made the wise choices but each experience only serves to grow me further.

The God factor on the other hand, has always been something that intrigues me because the unique experiences I have received only served to allow me to minister to various people in the body of Christ. I would have looked back countless times in regret over the choices made but God has allowed me to look again, with a different set of eyes. A set of eyes that looked out for learning points, that chooses to keep the pain yet using them to relate to those going through a similar season.

It will always seem to be painful at the point of going through the season yet my Joy must always be in Him. To know that God will not allow any event to take place in my life without it benefiting me in time to come. Surely if God would go as far as giving His only Son for me, how much greater the limit of His love and mercy for me.

With each experience only serves to make me stronger, stronger in the Lord to know who holds my future in His hands and knows the plan He has for me. And I will live to remember these experiences will be used by Him one day to strengthen another in Christ, just as little David did in his life.

Father, help me hold fast to my faith in You. When someone is down, that I will be used by you to build them up and not be dragged down. Cause Your Name is greater and mighty to save. Amen.

No comments: