Monday, October 22, 2012

Rule #32, enjoy the little things.

It has been a total energy draining 48hours, yet probably one of the best times I could recall.

1. Cause he's leaving on a jet plane.

It was a great time of fellowship on Friday (the entire day in fact despite the botched job interview I would say). And the evening time with the leaders of the worship ministry and teams just made it even better. The passing on of the vision cast earlier in the year. The heart to heart thoughts and sharing. The fei-lo-ship over steaming boats of veg and meat, well a lot of fishballs actually!

But for me, perhaps is the highlight of sending my brother in Christ off. Unknown to many, Joel was actually set to fly up north for 3-week reservist exercise. Unspoken of, yet I feel for him.
The time away from loved ones and friends, not forgetting cell and church.
The rising up to the occasion to lead a group of men who probably are all older than him by many years.

As for myself though I thank God I probably won't have to go through such situations, I'd always want to be there to see a brother off at the airport right up to the departure entrance. Aside from being there physically, I believe one's presence and willingness to show up at the airport really encourages the one leaving knowing a family left behind remembers him. Hence me making it a point as best as I can, to come down to the east despite its remoteness from the city. If you are reading this, pray for him. Pray for Joel as he goes through a high-key exercise because we don't want to take God's protection for granted.

2. In serving is giving back from a position of receiving

A thank point this week in preparation for cell duty in YAY! An honest concern that finding help with icebreakers and worship can seem to be a challenge. But surely my God is able to do all things, especially those that most glorifies Him. And I don't care who eventually gets the credit. Sure names can be brought up but I know one thing for sure, His Name is lifted high above all in my giving my all.

The willingness to step up and being the lead worshiper.
The willingness to stand on the supporting lines backing up the worship leader.
The willingness to coup up at the back, unnoticed yet faithfully moving the slides.
The willingness to move out of the comfort zone to bring Him due glory.

It proves beyond a willing heart to give. It reflects a receiving posture to give back to the rightful Lord and master. And yes, God came through amidst the united worship of the body of Christ and though the positive feedback of Man, I give my gratitude to the Audience of One whom all the praise and worship is given to. And I can trust my God to draw the members' hearts back to Him slowly but surely. That is my belief.

3.The 24th Birthday Girl

And so the weeks of planning, preparation and squabbling has finally come down to D-Day.
It was this. It was that.
To get this. To get that.

We thought we had it all covered, yet the Lord revealed to us how silly we were through a sudden downpour. The heavy rain caught everyone off guard and threw us off the original plan. We could not explicitly change the plan so with a little tweaking and a whole lot of Oscar-level acting, we staged the birthday surprise in a random location. Haha.

Thereafter things were back to original plan though slightly behind schedule. Nevertheless, I saw how the Grace of God provided for us.

The car when the rain came.
The market where we could take away dinner.
The NTUC where we got last minute items.
The willingness from all to chip in, in one way or another, especially for the big birthday present!

I believe this time, the birthday present meant more than just what one likes or justifies that a costlier gift has more significance. I believe the birthday present, at its cost, revealed just how much love everyone has for our birthday girl. It revealed how much more the Gift of Love from Jesus Christ our Lord is worth. And for that, the birthday present is only but a shadow of how much we cherish our birthday girl.

So now that the countless celebrations are finally over (I think!), a new season is here. To look back in gratitude of one's life in a year is good because one can then look ahead to better year with the Lord! So Happy BirthDAY Sarah (again)! and yes, the Lord be with you and make His face shine upon you! That the Lord grant you favors. That His goodness and mercy will follow you, all the days of your life as you dwell in the house of the Lord!

4. D & J

The Big Day is less than 3 weeks away! I'm pumped up for it really! Especially this coming week with stag/hen night. With cell outing on Sat. Yesterday's gathering of the wedding core helper team was a great time despite the "warm" reception! =D

So yes D&J, I said yes to helping you for your big day. And it will always be a yes for you guys! Both of you are my God-sent guardian angels in the family of Christ and it will be my joy to see you through the joyous day of your lives!

--------------------------------

So the dawning of a brand new day,
the setting in of a brand new week.
Lord I have worries and issues and challenges,
but I have You God.
Choosing between perhaps or Promise, 
I know now it's not about me-conscious,
I know it's about GOD-conscious. =)   



No comments: