Sunday, September 16, 2012

What ultimately matters?

Today's MTPS really hit home.

No doubt that UFS' sharing is as always close to the heart, all that has happened today really affirmed what Ethel and I believe in doing to walk with our dear members.

From the updates on how YAY! has been to the sharing on coming YAY! camp to the surveys right up to the end of the MTPS in prayer, I could feel His presence so strongly. Though I think I could have done better for the sharing on the camp, I believe it is given from the Lord on our stewardship of the next generationS to come and the urgency in doing so.

The highlight of the session must have been the acknowledgements coming from the parents. It is really heartening to hear testimonies from various families and personally, I was on the brink of breaking down/moved to tears when one of the mothers came to me encouraging about the change she has been seeing.

In my heart, I truly rejoice. Rejoicing in the knowledge that a beloved child of God is experiencing His Love and in the spiritual warfare, we are building up one another and be mindful of what is happening to us. Nothing really beats that feeling of knowing someone you care for is reciprocating and really, it is a joyous occasion to mark down.

I foresee the days ahead may/will just get tougher. Looking at the increasing rate the world demands of us in terms of time, energy and strength, it will be an uphill task. But it should never be daunt cause in the hardest times when we can't go on anymore, we can go on our knees for the Lord is our help.

Yes things must keep running and going daily but surely, our soul care is way much more important. How pitiful that we often overlook that. Time to come back to the Lord and sit at His feet again.

No comments: