Monday, March 21, 2011

DJ Got Us Falling in Love Again

The song DJ got us falling in love again is actually a secular song.
Well I suppose in my case, it's Jesus got me falling in love again

Just as the past weeks I was praying and hoping for a turning point in my spiritual walk, this weekend's experience was definitely a God-given solution!

Though I wasn't exactly walking through the valley of the shadow of Death, I knew within me that I was drifting away from the Lord. My heart was not as sensitive; the Spirit within me had a deep longing and hunger.

This weekend was a series of activities back to back, and I meant it!
Friday night - YAY! leaders retreat
Friday night to Sat morning - Night Cycling Rally
Sat morning to evening - YAY! leaders retreat

This 36 hour marathon took a toll on me..
After dinner, I knocked out on my bed but thank God, I managed to wake up early for service today.

At the retreat was a wonderful time of fellowship, with Him and others.
It also put a smile in my heart on other matters but shall not be shared here! =P

A movie and reviewing it was never so much fun and experience before!
Under the wonderful guidance of Pastor Simon and Rinda, we touched base on Mark 10 - The Rich Young Ruler. It was a refreshing time and I must say, I am definitely marinated now!

Went to church early today to join in the pre-service prayer at DFF. Was a good time though was just me with Aunt Beng Choo and Aunt Jenny. And I experienced His presence during worship led by Joshua during service. If you are reading this, join me! Go for a prayer meeting pre-service! It helps to get us in tune with the Lord and to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth!

I was praying hard for God to bring forth His power today! Though there wasn't an altar call, I know He's doing something deep down in the hearts of many.

A sidenote to give thanks would be the Yay! ministry Facebook page! As we see many more prayer requests coming in and younger ones beginning to open up in their sharing, this surely must be the Lord's doing!

This weekend ended with lots of food, spiritually and physically! The Lord impressed upon my heart as I was snacking on my chocs earlier...Having exercised my mouth so much, don't forget to exercise the other parts of my body as well.

It was a revelation that as I soak in His love and inputs, I ought to be exercising my faith and be a blessing as well. Lord, I pray that You'll open the doors for me to be a blessing.

Weekend has been an awesome one! And I look ahead to the coming week with all confidence in my Lord Jesus Christ! =)

No comments: