Sunday, September 27, 2009

Disciple-sheep

Today had the Gap where the youths intercede for the ministry and various committees.
Thank God for the willing hearts who turned up on time, really...

And during the prayer with Elaine and David for sparks, God put in my mind really interesting stuff...

Disciple-sheep...

*Uh?* Why sheep?

Then I saw David and Saul...2 guys who I have been reading about lately...
And then I reflected about the past few days of reading...

Ahh! God revealed something...

Hence I shall name the Mentoring committee as "Disciple-sheep"...
In due time, I'll let my boss know =D

So why David and Saul?
Well for David, as a little kid, he was sent to look after sheep...
Dumb and smelly sheep, what a degrading job...
But God showed me, that He trained David in herding sheep so that He can use him to take over King Saul in future...

David had to fight off lions and bears to protect his sheep...
David could have just let the sheep die but he chose the opposite...he risked his life as a boy...
Who would have thought, that the Almighty God could use this job to raise David up...
The boy, who could be trusted with little, was given even greater things in the future...

David later grew up to become King, and he was a people's king and a God-fearing King...
He was mindful of God in his early years unlike Saul, who sought to kill David out of jealousy...

So you might ask, how does this link to discipleship?

Well, I'm still asking God about this but I know now, that even a small boy like David was willing to risk his life for his sheep, how much more should we give our time and effort to the ones we are looking after and shepherding...

And God, the Great Shepherd of all who gave His one and only Son for the world, faithfully shepherds his children...

Every single one of them...
Including you reading this =)
God is love and God loves. He loves you and me very very much.
Do you dare to believe?

No comments: