Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

And as I embark onto 2012, it hit me that I had not reflected and thought of a verse for 2012.

I have had this practice ever since I accepted Christ back in 2005 when UFS would put a lot of emphasis on stopping and listening, asking God what's next.

As I thought about the verse, I believe God reminded me about loving Him above all.
He put the verse Matthew 22:37 in my mind as I looked for the text.
Looking back, my verse for 2011 was just so fitting as it has been with other years!
My verse in 2011 was 1 John 4:7

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

And back in 2011, I just found myself growing so much closer to some of the people around me especially my friends in church. I have also experienced what it means to love one another when my cell put money together on my birthday to support my mission trip to country M. God is just amazing!

And so I believe in 2012, God will teach me something related to Matthew 22:37 and to bring my faith to a whole new level. I shall not anticipate a good or bad experience but if God can use either experiences to His glory, then I guess it would be always a positive one!

Something interesting though is the strong sensing of love and life partner in me. Maybe 2012 is the year! =)

O Lord my God, reveal Your will to me.

No comments: