Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

And tonight, I sent off one of my closest friend I made in NTU.

Fellow crusader. Sister in Christ.
This post shall be dedicated to you Sharon =)

Thanks for being an encouragement and the times of sharing.
For being so understanding and accommodating.
When I was joyous and when I was down,
you were there to share the times with me.

Now as you embark on this exciting semester of adventure,
know that you are in my prayers.
The Lord knows the plans He has for you,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you.

I look forward now to your return soon =)

And on the other hand, another two of my closer friends are returning next week.
Time sure zoomed pass, it's as though it all happened last week.
The moment of departure is still afresh in the back of my mind.
Now I'm anticipating the week ahead to come.

Nevertheless, I'm feeling the reality of a friend's departure,
as in a friend who is leaving for an extended period of time.
Now I know I'll have to learn to cope with more of such changes in my life to come,
but I just cannot help but wonder what it is like and if I am the one who is leaving.

Not that I would leave and never return.
But maybe will God call me into a foreign land to reap His Harvest?
Maybe with a given partner of His Will?
Maybe for the longest time ever, He will send me?

Lord I trust in Your character and Your goodness.
In that, You have the best for me despite the circumstances I am in.
To look to You in each and every moment of my life,
and go down on my knees in surrender to Your Will for me.

Jesus, take pleasure with my life, my offering, my everything.

No comments: