Monday, March 23, 2009

Spiritual Orphan

John 14: 18 says:

I will not leave you as orphans; I willl come to you.

That was Jesus' promise to His disciples that they will never be alone.
I look at the lives of the disciples before Jesus' death.

They knew Jesus personally.
They touched Him.
They talked to Him.
They heard Him.

Yet some doubted Him; some denied Him; some betrayed Him.

Man, as hard as he could try, is as imperfect as ever.
O Lord, indeed only You are worthy, good and faithful.
I pray that in this season, You make Your presence so obvious to me.
Be my comforter and strength, when there is no one else to turn to.
Lord, I thank You for the few people who were here for me when I needed to talk.
But You are the One who has never left nor forsaken me.
As I seek You and run after You, I pray that You'll show me the way.
I will stick to my commitment and not my emotions.
It does not mean that I will be taken for granted.
The place You lead me to, I will go.
The time has come, I shall waste no more of it.
I will go where You send me.

No comments: