Friday, June 15, 2007

Suffering

God has allowed sufferings on earth.

Tsunamis..
Hurricanes..
Volcanoes..
Earthquakes..
Wars of mass destructions..
Civil violence..
Rape..
Murder..
Accidents..
Terrorism..
Divorces..
Family breakups..
Abortions..
Plus many more..

I want to accept all these events happening in our world today. I don't see it as God's punishment to this world for its sin right from the start of God's creation. It is not a sadistic God trying to convince His people that they need to believe Him to stop all that sufferings that are constantly ongoing. He is not going to give His children a smooth ride in their lives in this world because it is a moulding process.

The bottomline for suffering: Do I love God enough to trust Him that everything that happened and will happen in my life is part of His perfect master plan?

I believe.
Whatever problems I face.
Whatever crisis I'm in.
Whatever difficulty I encounter.
It is always a chance given by God to mould me.

Job. The man who suffered from a divine arguement between God and Satan, chose to hold onto God's character and not on the promises of blessings and gifts that God has. In this way, Satan who has tried to push Job into the deepest valley of his life, has failed in his mission. Job, walked through that valley knowing that God will be there and believed in Him.

The game has been set. The scoreline has been given. God has triumped over death and sin. He has provided a way out for us all sinners. Are we going to choose to trust in His character or focus on certain puny issues in our lives that seems to be magnified by ourselves. Dear God, forgive me for not focusing my eyes on you.

I must share this. It has been a year since that relationship I held was broken. I do not know if the actions I took a year ago was right or wrong but anyway, things are down in the valley. This relationship may not seem to have hope to be salvaged but I trust in God. It indeed is my will to see this friendship restored as soon as possible however, I was reminded that God's will should be what I need to follow. Just look at how simple things actually are! All I need to do is let God's will be done.

Things are always easier said than done. I've been praying to God that this relationship may be restored since I'm pretty sure God does not want to see His children stuck in a conflict. It's hard to take my eyes off the issue and focus on God. I am still trying but I seriously have no clue to how long I can hold on. Probably I need God to hold on to me because He never gets tired.

That sure was a whole of ranting I made. Probably some of you had faced similar problems as me and right now, in the same spot. Some of you might not get the picture I'm trying to illustrate. Nevertheless, I choose to believe that God is faithful and with Him, all things are possible.

Philippians 4:6-7 = Do not be anxious in anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to the Lord. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Thank You Lord for the chance to ask of You.
Thank You Lord for pain I'm going through.
Now I know that pain of unappreciated love.
The time when Jesus, You were sentenced to crucifixion.
When You hung there and died, You were paying the price for my life.
Yet I do not know the cost You paid to set me free,
Forgive me today for I did not believe.
Now teach me to live my life,
According to Your will.
Amen.

No comments: