Saturday, September 7, 2013

Summed Up

And this morning just marks the coming of an end to my stay on Canaan.

It has been a humbling journey. One which I set off with certain expectations and now I am about to return home with a different set of goals or outcomes. It is a wonder how each duration back at this incredible place of miracles never fails to send my mind into a mode of anticipating the End Times.

Once again, I came with a pretty much personal agenda. And once again, I would leave with a personal agenda except this time, it wasn't mine.

And perhaps the path ahead isn't one traffic junction where I have to determine immediately if it is going to be a turn or straight ahead. It seemed more apt to compare to a boat set sail on a journey towards its destination. One where a boat that always looks to its compass will eventually reach its end goal whereas the other that assumes the direction it sets out upon will always be right, ends up nowhere.

As I once again raise my anchor and sails forth in faith, I remind myself that time to time, it is essential to lower my anchor and find my bearing. And surely if I have gone off course, it would be imperative to change my direction to be back on course than to stubbornly refuse change.

So Lord, may my prayer rise up to the Heavens.
To your ears, I gently whisper my desires.
Be the anchor of my soul,
As I give You full control.

Be that Lamp unto my feet and that Light unto my path.
May my heart burn for You with passion and if the need for it, my body too.

So that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way:
bearing fruit in every good work
- growing in the knowledge of God
- being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience
- and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.

No comments: