Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to your heart

Interesting week. Had a visit to MINDS on Friday.

People with handicapped mental abilities. Not a disease. Not a sickness.
Just happened to be born this way.
Have I ever thanked God for the normal working brain that I have?
I doubt so.

Friday night had cell. No expectations and I was feeling "ugly" spiritually.
People were not coming.
Stuff was not prepared.
Still, 2 guests visited and seem to be potential for outreach.
Must be God.

Saturday had to wake up early to do canvassing.
It was eventually a nice experience.
Had YA leaders meeting with Ps Chua.
Was reminded of my walk with God.
How much time/week do I even give to God.
Sigh...

Sat night. Planned to chill out with friends.
Yet after dinner, fell into a deep sleep only to wake up on Sun morning.
Must be a divine power that caused me to rest so much.
Went to church. Left to draw money for church camp fee.

Felt the tugging to join the 9am prayer, The Gap.
It struck me so hard to see that i was the only young person in the room.
I wondered to myself. Why like that?
Only God knows.

Today's message struck a chord with YA leaders meeting yesterday.
A deep and clear reminder to come back to His feet.
To rest and to hear.
To pray and to reflect.
To intercede and to teach.

All these things. Yet with so many other things around from the world.
What to prioritize? Which one to give more time to?
Unity was mentioned again.
I glanced around quickly.
With a doubt, I wondered if that could ever be true.

Forgive me Lord for doubting.
It is a sin in itself.
Teach me O Lord and cause me to be teachable.
To be loving. To be compassionate.

For you are love.
You are life.
You are all glorious.
Amen.

No comments: