Monday, April 27, 2009

Passion

Today was AGM after combined service.

Overall, I felt really discouraged by the session.

Since I'm blogging here, I will post my thoughts with utmost frankness.

Point 1 - I agree that times are down and bad and the whole world is going nuts over how to survive another day. But what about us as Christians? Do we need to worry like the world does? Did Jesus not feed the 5000 and even the 4000 on another occasion? If it is not known to anyone, Jesus actually needed more bread and fish to feed the 4000 than the 5000!

So what do I think about the economy and budgetting? 

Yes I agree we need prudence! We need to know how every cent is spent in the church to prevent anyone from falling into temptation by money, BUT let us not be blinded by the constraints of the economy. Let us stop worrying so much about how the economy will affect our church's progress.

You and me serve GOD, not money. So beat it Devil, you shall have no stronghold in our Church in JESUS' NAME!

Point 2 - Want to know how many salvations and attendees for the events, especially for the youth? I would say please look back and if anyone does not remember, it WAS reported that Le Grande had 60 visitors and 6 salvations!

If you are reading my posts and wondering why the over-reacted posts, it's simply because I cannot stand the questions asked during AGM and I was the chairman of Le Grande. 
I feel hurt by the judgemental criticisms/comments/remarks/questions.

Here's my views for whoever is interested:
1 - Tell me any events ever in WRPF history that had 6 salvations during the event itself. I can hardly remember. If you do, please tag me and remind me. I will thank God for that and keep it in my heart.

2 - Tell me is it a rationale to compare dollar for every soul saved? Then can anyone explain why events that costs tens of thousands cannot gain more souls that 1 Le Grande which costed about 3k?

3 - Tell me if I am wrong, that the youths and Young Adults did not put their efforts into the 2 events? I still remembered Le Papillon's organisers in Church the night before, trying to rush out every detail to make sure the event would be presentable. And Le Grande, does anyone know how many people were involved and how much manpower was put into it? 

Seriously I have so much more to blast out here but I refuse to. For the Glory of God and may God have mercy on me, I pray that we are doing our individual best for God and not stand one side criticising what others are doing for God and forgetting what they are really trying to achieve. 

I thought AGM was all about God's House and His business.

Yet today it felt like a circus to me; a joke. 

I hope we did not have any visitors sitting in today, may God forgive us for our ignorance.


Finally to my dear readers, I hope to let you understand that I believe in using every effort to reach out and win souls for God, no matter what the cost! 

And that our lives would show how true our faith is in Christ. No need for evaluation. God sees our hearts and He will know. So why not start living out our lives the way God wants us to!

No comments: